Dr. Rajesh Kumar Verma
Head Orthopaedics, Director Trauma & Spine Surgery
Artemis Health Institute
Gurgaon, New Delhi, India
There is good, and then there is great! Few of us are blessed with God given talents, but even fewer can make use of those talents for the greater good of the people. Dr. Rajesh Kumar Verma, one such individual who has nurtured his skill in treating spinal disorders for the past 20 years, has emerged as a boon for those who suffer from complex bone, joint and spine disorders.
Since childhood he had an aptitude for medicine, and dedicatedly pursued this interest after school as well.
To acquire specialization in treatment of spine disorders, after finishing his graduation and masters, he has trained at world renowned institutes such as Denver Health Medical Centre Colorado, USA, Globus Spine Training Centre, Philadelphia, USA, University Klinik of Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel, Neurosurgery Centre Hamburg, Germany, National University Hospital Singapore and Prince Charles & North Point Hospital Brisbane, Australia.
What makes this orthopaedic surgeon the best in his field Is his expertise in the field of Minimally Invasive surgical techniques. This includes the Endoscopic Spine Surgery that he performs using the revolutionary Joimax Transforaminal spine system on which he was trained by worlds best experts Dr Michael Schubert from Munich and Dr Ippneberg Mainno from Holland . It is also his unparalleled understanding of Pain Management procedures using Radiofrequency Techniques, as well as Deformity and Degenerative Spine Disorders, the knowledge of which he acquired at Valleta, Malta , Severance Spine Hospital Seoul, South Korea and Scoliosis training centre at NUH Singapore and Brunei. But most of all, it is his dedication towards his patients and his commitment towards his chosen field of work that has earned him his recognition today.
It is because Dr. Rajesh Verma has been able to establish an undying trust among his patients that he has to his credit, the maximum number of percutaneous spine surgeries like Kyphoplasty, Disc Excisions using state of the art Joimax TESSY’s system, Nucleoplasty, SpineJet Hydrodiscectomy and Pain Management procedures using radiofrequency techniques. Dr. Verma has been a part of more than 22000 surgical cases, personally performing over 14,000 surgeries including all types of Spine surgeries, Joint Replacements, Pediatric Orthopedics and Complex Trauma Surgeries. Currently, he is acknowledged as one of the few leading Spine experts of India, performing as many as 50 surgeries every month.
Honors & Awards
- Completed prestigious AO International Fellowship in Spinal & Pelviacetabular Trauma at Denver Health Medical Centre & Rocky Mountain Regional Trauma Centre, Denver, Colorado USA
- Awarded Best Orthopaedic Surgeon in Gurgaon 2010 by Big Brands Research Group
- Awarded Best Spine Surgeon in NCR New Delhi 2011 by Big Brands & Times, Research Media Group
- Awarded Best Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon 2013 by Times, Research Media Group
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- North American Society of Spine Surgeons
- International Society for advancement of Spine Surgery
- AO Spine International, Switzerland
- AO Trauma & Arthroscopy Society of India
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
- Indian Society for Bone & Mineral Research
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Endoscopic and percutaneous Discectomy
- Cervical and Lumbar Disc replacement
- Pediatric and adult Kyphosis and Scoliosis correction
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Complex trauma including Pelviacetabular Injuries
- Bone Tumors with limb salvage
- Joint replacement